Senior Center Without Walls is largely a volunteer driven program with over 90 volunteers, many of them older adults. We are grateful to our caring team of volunteers! We are looking for volunteers for the following roles:
We need you! Yes, YOU! Join our team of facilitators sharing their skills, interests, and expertise in a variety of topics. (Check out the detailed job description here.)
What’s so great about facilitating a group for SCWW?
- You set the schedule. You choose to lead a weekly or bi-weekly or monthly group or just do a one- time presentation.
- Convenience. Since all of our activities are over the phone or Internet, you lead the group from wherever you are!
- It’s creative and flexible. Create stimulating content based on your passions!
- Your volunteer work matters, it makes a difference. You will join an amazing community of older adults and staff while helping reduce isolation through social connection.
What kind of group would I facilitate?
We are open to your creative ideas for activities (seriously, contact us!) and we’ve had requests for the following topics:
- Groups in languages other than English
- Religious studies
- Educational (ex: history, science)
- LGBTQ Support
How do I get started?
1. Be sure to read the detailed job description here, which includes training requirements, length of commitment, and much more.
2. Contact Katie Wade, Program Manager, at (877) 797-7299 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Or complete the volunteer application by following this link. Katie will follow up with you after receiving the application.
Do you enjoy Senior Center Without Walls? Do you feel passionate about creating community for older adults? Be a local Senior Center Without Walls champion to recruit new participants in your area (anywhere in the U.S.!). Introduce the program, provide technical assistance as needed, and offer reminder and follow up support to your neighbors.
Want to learn more about volunteering for Senior Center Without Walls? Contact Katie Wade, Program Manager, at (877) 797-7299 or email@example.com.